September 9, 2010

Fat Fall Squirrels

I was inspired to make these as my contribution to the "Fall" section in the Plush Team's etsy shop by watching the squirrels run up and down my fence, carrying Walnut tree seeds and other assorted nuts and acorns. (Driving my dog nuts in the process- she gets a lot of exercise running up and down the fence this time of year.)

Last week I happened to notice a squirrel that was quite a bit heavier than its buddies, and that's how I got the idea to do "fat" fall squirrels. Some of our neighbors leave peanuts out for the squirrels and birds, and I think that this guy had eaten more than his faire share! :)



I decided to make a large and small version of the design, and it was really fun to get out the fall colored fabrics and make something to celebrate the beginning of my favorite time of year. (Which is basically from now until the awful summer heat kicks in. ;D)

The large Squirrel is rubbing his full tummy, while his smaller buddy is getting ready to chow down on his acorn.




I'm busy working on a lot of stuff right now, so there will be more blog posts in the next few weeks. If you are interested in giving these chubby squirrels a new home, click your way over to the Plush Team's etsy shop, where they are currently residing- along with a ton of great new plush!

No comments: