May 18, 2010

Come One, Come All!


It's hard to believe, but after almost 8 months of planning, the PlushTeam's weekend at Maker Faire is here!

I'm the lucky one who has been playing host to plush from half of our talented PlushTeamers from around the world, and my house is full with boxes of amazing stuffed art. It is taking all my willpower NOT to hide pieces from each one of these artists in my studio so no one will miss them... ;)




If you are in the Bay Area this weekend, come on by Maker Faire and say hello to 8 of the Team's members who made the trip out. You can meet abbydid, Christina Ward Creatures, Yummy Pancake, Moons Creations, Zazu Faure Los Angeles, Absolutely Small, Cutesy But Not Cutesy, and yours truly. There are also certain members teaching classes throughout the weekend, so if you ever wanted to learn how to make your own plush, or just see some cool techniques, these are the classes for you. To find out more details on the schedule of classes and who is teaching what, click here.

I'll be posting more on the Faire experience when I get back- including pics of all the plush I've been drooling over, the Team booth, etc. I have also finished up a couple of commissions- including new Plushcatures, so I will post those after all the Maker Faire dust has settled. Enjoy the week, and I hope to see some of you at Maker Faire this weekend! :D

No comments: