September 13, 2011

Wee Ghosties & Jack O'Lanterns

I saw this cool Halloween plaid fleece at Joann's the other day, and knew that I MUST have it. The pattern was too big to use in my regular sized plush, and as I was trying to figure out what I could make with it, it finally came to me- pillows! 


It was a nice change of pace to make something different from my usual plush. They measure about 11 inches square (28cm); perfect to use to rest your head on, or simply to bring some Halloween cheer into the room. :)


 The ghosts on this pillow are made from fleece as well, with hand embroidered green eyes. I free-hand cut the word BOoOoooo from orange fleece, and then appliqued it to the pillow.

I decided to go with a different texture for the Jack O' Lanterns, something that would give the idea of a pumpkin skin. They are made from a lovely soft flannel, and appliqued on.  All the materials in both pillows are washable, so they should be able to be gently washed and dried.


These ghosties and pumpkin pillows will be available in my etsy shop later today. More Halloween goodies are coming tomorrow!

No comments: