October 29, 2008

Squirrels, Squirrels, Squirrels!





So it's that time of year again, where my dog goes mental chasing all the squirrels (and the crows who follow their every move) who are busy gathering food against the coming of winter. She can't catch one as hard of she tries, they are simply not stupid enough to come down to her level. Although they seem to be stupid enough to try to cross the road and not use the overhanging trees or power lines... go figure. I guess cars are so foreign to squirrels that they are outside the realm of comprehensible danger. Anyway, a bunch of buddies from my college days have gotten together to start a group blog based on our design teacher Leo Monahan's class assignments. This month's assignment was "Fall", and this fall for me seems to be all about the squirrels digging up my back yard and being hounded by my dog. If you're curious, you can check the new blog out here.
*oh yeah- these 2 guys will of course be making an appearance in my etsy shop later today, and you can see more pics over on my flickr.*

4 comments:

Kraftykrew said...

If you're still looking for names how about Stan Squirrel and Shirley Squirel LOL!!! They are just cute

Leeanna Butcher said...

Thanks Kraftykrew- great names! Inspiraton hit me while I was having lunch, and they now have names. (Stevie and Sophie) I can't bear to have plush out there without any names or history of their own... :D

Eva said...

so cute!!! and what a cute story, i can just picture your dog, the squirrels and their daily struggles ;p

Leeanna Butcher said...

Thanks eva! It's been a squirrel convention in our backyard, and it's been great entertainment for our dog, and great exercise too. :)