April 17, 2009

New project sketches- Hitchhiking Ghosts



These are the very rough pencil/color sketches for one of the plushed wall hangings I'm working on for Disneyland's Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary. It will be about 3 feet wide by 5 feet tall when I'm done. I'm using mainly cotton for this, with corduroy pieced into panels for the door. If you can see it in the color sketch, I'm using tones of blues to indicate the transparent aspect of the ghosts as the interact with the door frame, etc. It will take me about a month to finish, including sketching/patternmaking time. A big project, but a fun one! I'll post more WIP pics next week. Have a great weekend, I'm off to the sewing machine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Leeanna!! This is HUGE!!! I mean, both the plush piece and being part of the Haunted Mansion anniversary celebration!!! Your design is whimsical and fun, and is going to look fabulous in plush! I am really excited to see your progress!

Leeanna Butcher said...

Thanks Tada's! :D
It's a couple of big projects but I'm really happy to be a part of the show, and it's a fun way to explore different ways of utilizing plush.