March 5, 2012

It's KOOKY!


So excited to say that I now have my very own Kooky plush! (Thanks Ken and Jen- you guys rock!) He's absolutely adorable. If you don't know who Kooky is, he is the hero of the the movie of the same title. It's a Czech puppet/live action film, and it is one of the most magical and creative films that I have seen in a long time. It's about a young boy whose mother makes him throw away his Kooky plush because she is worried that Kooky's stuffing will aggravate the boy's serious asthma condition.  Kooky then has to find his way back to his owner, who still loves him.

If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it! The character designs are amazing, and the film is pure magic.

If you are wondering where to get your own copy of the movie, or your own Kooky, the film's director Jan Sverak has plush and the movie (in PAL format), as well as the new making-of book (text in Czech) available to purchase on ebay. To find out more about the film, here's the link to the Kooky facebook fanpage.

I am busily creating new plush and haven't had time to post any photos, but I promise to reveal what I am working on soon! Until then, I will keep updating my blog with all the new additions to my plush collection.

No comments: