November 12, 2009

Meet the Snow Angels




These are my plush for the Luv-able and Hug-able show that starts December 3rd at gallery hanahou in NYC.
The Snow Angels are responsible for getting everyone excited for winter and winter activities. They fly around invisibly and whisper suggestions for winter fun in our ears. The large plush are around 8-10 inches high, while the little ones are around 5-7 inches high. I had a ton of fun making these guys and incorporating my love of winter into them. I had never made anything this small before, so that was a good creative challenge. I also used minky fabric for the first time and I LOVE how soft and cuddly it is.
Camille and Josie Snow Angel are the ones who inspire us to drink hot chocolate on a cold day, or go ice skating with friends.
Paulie, Charlie, and Freddie get us to go and build huge snowmen, or go tobogganing, or start epic snow ball fights. :D
I think I made these out of wishful thinking about winter. We definitely won't be having any snowball fights here in California this Christmas! Although we do have ice skating, and hot chocolate. :)
For more pictures, head on over to my flickr page.

No comments: