December 11, 2009

Go Ask Alice Plush show pictures










I'm back from my wanderings in the wonderland that was the "Go Ask Alice" show at Paul Cumes Fine Art in Santa Barbara. There were so many fun and creative plush at this show, and the curator of the show, Cimmi Cumes, did a wonderful job displaying everyone's work to the best advantage. Thanks Cimmi! :D It was a busy night, and quite a lot of people made it to the opening. The tea party was a big success- especially with the kids. If you are ever in Santa Barbara, go check out the gallery and say hello to Cimmi and her artist husband, Paul.
These photos are just some of the terrific work that was on display at the show. To see the rest of the pictures, head on over to my flickr page.

4 comments:

John T Quinn III said...

We received your Christmas card and were totally blown away! Awesome. So cute.
I want to commission you to "plush" my family. Seriously. What is your rate?

Leeanna Butcher said...

Thanks John! So glad that you liked the card. I'd be honored to make the Quinns into plush. :D I'll send you an email about the process. Hope that you guys have a great Christmas.

John T Quinn III said...

Awesome! A couple of years ago, I had an artist working on the Simpsons do a family portrait in that style. Very funny. I've been looking for another artist to do an interpretation. This is going to be great. Thanks Leeanna!

Leeanna Butcher said...

You're a lucky guy- I'd love to see how the Simpson's version of the Quinns turned out! Sounds hilarious. :D Maybe you'll post it sometime so I can see it. Now there's some serious pressure on me! ;)