February 24, 2011

Plush Valentine's Day Goodies



So, since my O.H. (Other Half) was on a business trip to New York City over Valentine's Day and beyond, he managed to find the time to grab these awesome plush made by danimals, from the Peoria Emporium. An excellent way make up for being away from home, I must say. I wish that I had been there to browse this store with him! It looks fantastic- and it sounds like an up-cycler's dream store. Next time I am in NYC, I am definitely going there to browse for an hour or two.
This cute dog plush is made from up-cycled knit sweaters, and the awesomely crazy daschund is made from that crazy faux-velvet material that was so popular in the seventies for couches and chairs. My grandparents had a whole living room set made from this stuff- not this pattern, but the same material. Brings me back to my childhood. I remember feeling like the material was trying to push me off the couch if I sat on it against the grain.



If you are in the NYC area and haven't been to this shop, you definitely need to go. If you're like me and don't live close enough, (*sigh*) you'll just have to be satisfied by checking out the Peoria Emporium's website, here.

No comments: