May 10, 2011

Graham Rarebit


Graham's dream is to be just like his singer-songwriter idols from the 1960s and 70s. No matter that he can't sing to save his life, or even play the guitar, he is determined to one day become a performer. He will spontaneously burst into his rendition of "Judy Blue Eyes" at any given opportunity, no matter how many times his friends tell him he's tone deaf. Graham is as optimistic as any flower child, and loves to dress in clothing that harkens back to that era.


I was asked to make something retro/old school looking by Emily Bluestar of Bluestar Fuzzies, and I had a ton of fun trying to find fabrics that conveyed the type of Rabbit that Graham is. I had a pretty clear idea in my mind of what I wanted to do, and I was lucky to find these fabrics in my stash. I loved the whole flowery and yellow/brown combo- to me those colors represent that time period.

No comments: