September 8, 2008

Crammed Organisms Book Arrives!



Hooray! I got my Crammed Organisms book in the mail this morning. I admit I was eagerly anticipating it's arrival- listening for the clomp clomp of the postman's steps as he delivered the mail, and waiting for the big "THUNK!" in the mailbox that meant my book was here. So here it is, and it's GREAT! I love to see all the amazing plush, etc. from the artists who participated in the show, especially since I couldn't make it to St. Louis myself to see it all in person. I like how the folks over at Cranky Yellow included sketches and notes from the artists, it's really great to see the thought processes behind the art. (As you can tell from the right hand page above, it took me a lot of iterations to come up with the Goldi Locks design.) I wanted to include some photos of the other artist's works, but I realized as I started to take them, and take them, and take them, that I wanted to include everyone's work in this post, and that would be a bit much...So, head on over to Cranky Yellow and order your copy TODAY to see all the amazing plush goodness inside!

Thanks to David and all the fabulous people at Cranky Yellow for organizing such a fantastic plush show! I look forward to the next one... :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!
I'm so glad you got it and are happy!

I blogged it at:
http://www.crammedorganisms.com/blog

Oh.. could you leave some etsy feedback for me! That would be amazing!

Thanks!
--David

Leeanna Butcher said...

Yup, totally happy with it! Great book. :)

Leeanna Butcher said...

Thanks David for blogging! Congrats on the fibreArts piece, went out and got my copy, it's a great article.

PAC said...

ooooo sooo exciting!! I cant wait to get mine!!! Your pages look awesome!!

xo