June 7, 2009

Hooray for the Pecanpals!




We were browsing around Haight-Ashbury this weekend at our favorite browsing shops: Kid Robot, Amoeba Records, and Giant Robot. When we walked into Giant Robot we were so happy to see the display of the Pecanpals- the awesome wooden toy versions of the characters created by Noferin. It was SO hard to choose between them all (Giant Robot had all the figures except Pandacake-bummer!), but I ended up with Fanelli- I love the walking staff that comes with it. I've been a fan of their work for awhile through flickr and seeing their work at shows, but this was my first time seeing the toys in person. I LOVE the packaging! I'm having a hard time not ripping off the plastic and assembling Fanelli, but I love the way the whole thing looks together. To see Noferin's wonderful paintings of Pandacake and friends, as well as the rest of the wooden toys, click here.

2 comments:

Emily [Follow The White Rabbit] said...

Awesome new collection piece! :D
(I've been to that Kid Robot location too!)

Leeanna Butcher said...

all these stores are not good for the budget... :D